Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Easier.

My running is finally getting a little easier. Robert Bourquein and I ran 12 miles last Saturday, very slow, nevertheless I felt good throughout and felt like I could run a few more.  We have twenty runs to go before the marathon. This weekend begins the mile repeats. The idea is to run 3 mile repeats at the pace you plan to run the second half of the marathon.  The first half with me will be about 10:15 to 10:30 pace depending how good a shape Robert and I can get into, with walk breaks every 4 minutes.  Robert, Scott and Jonathon could probably run 8'45 mile repeats without much trouble. Your total mileage should be about 11 miles so after a 2 mile slow warm up do the mile repeats then revert back to slow pace with walk breaks every 4-8 minute to a total of 11 miles. Of course all the walking counts.

Mom and I are back in the routine.  I have finally caught up at work and she is writing away on her book.  We saw Jonathon last weekend on the way to cousin Martha's funeral at Edna.  His Young Adult Sunday School class which he led while we were there only had 150 attendees.  Mom and I of course were really impressed.

Lots of changes at the hospital which I am struggling through.  The move is on to have hospitalists which means I will move to a complete office practice other than delivering babies and other doctors will take care of my patients in the hospital: I don't like the idea but many people view it as progress.

Feb 24 Mom and I are planning a Jake sighting in LA. Kate you are on alert that since your precocious little one has D's down I expect a few P's in February.  Still haven't figured pictures out.  My weight is stuck at 189 but I have not eaten any peanut M/Ms for over a week so there's hope.  Keep up the long runs and Robert are you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment