Tuesday, February 28, 2012

209.5 and Falling


On guard, English Majors!!!

            The road to my first blog has not been without obstacle.  Apparently, the apple that represented me on the Ramsay tree fell a little closer to Dad's side of the tree than Mom's, seeing as how I was the only child who couldn't figure out how to become a blogger on this d*@$ thing.  So here I am, a pseudoblogger posting through Lily's blog with the newly acquired knowledge of her gmail username and password.  Not to be denied even if it requires identity theft, I am coming through on my word. 
Anyways, after my long run of 6 miles last Sunday, I stepped on the scale and it read 2----0----9.5.  That is 30 lbs less than it read three months ago.  (pause for applause and a bow) Now, before I get ahead of myself, let me clarify some minor details.  Without even trying, I seem to have developed a propensity for weighing myself when I feel especially light.  I’ve learned that my prime weigh-in times come right after waking up, post morning-whiz and subsequent removal of every ounce of clothing.  Nevertheless, that scale reads 209.5.  And not even plump old Jonothan can take it from me.  

I’d like to take all the credit and confess that these thirty lbs have required remarkable restraint and dutiful dietary discipline(not bad on the alliteration, huh???); so I will.   Just kidding.  The truth is the weight has fallen off of me.  I play basketball a couple times a week, do yoga on Fridays and…ahem…almost always get a long run in.  Other than that, I still eat what I like.  In fact, the mere thought of forgoing some of those things that I like has been followed by an even greater appreciation for those things during their ensuing consumption.  The only real discipline that I’ve had to enforce on myself is resisting the urge to eat late at night.  This late night discipline results in early morning craving.  And there’s nothing like a Saga omelet to satiate the hunger and reward the discipline.  Needless to say, I think I’ve got a decent thing goin. 

To conclude, some personal messages:

Katie,  I hope you’ve enjoyed your Christmas present. I know I’m no pro yet. 

Jonothan, I hope this post doesn’t discourage you in your weight loss endeavors.

Scott, nice legs.

Lily,  enjoy the warm weather, realizing I’m freezing my royal rastafirin nenes off.

Dad, Congratulations on your successful pecan harvest.

Mom, I love you.  Drink a margarita for me sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment