Saturday, November 19, 2011

Reruns

For those of you in the family I suspect you immediately understand the title. For other welcome guests and contributors some explanation is in order.  We love reruns.  Movies of course like Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and more of late the long version of Pride and Prejudice and You've Got Mail and Six Man State Championship Games.  But we also love to rerun restaurants i.e. Mamacitas, Hildas, and Red Lobster (Nana's influence) over and over again.  Rerun vacation destinations--really only Montell.  My kids have informed me though, now that they are out in the world, that not everyone does this.

Now the next Ramsay rerun:  Seattle, June 23, 2012.  Yes, Scott's adopted home and Robert's birthday but I mean a real rerun. This blog starts the countdown to the Ramsay and friends second marathon: Seattle in 258 days.

Most of you know that in April 2008 we had a memorable marathon in Rome which included Jonathan, Kate, Scott, and me and friends Robert Bourquein and Glencora Cowan with logistical help from Nanna June, Suzie, Jacob, and Robbie.  Robert and Lily had unavoidable conflicts and we reassured them there would be another chance. 

Why this blog?  Jonathan made an effort in blogging before Rome but the rest of us did not catch the bug--unfortunately.  This blog is to partly record the journey but also serve as an encouragement.  I hope that family and friends will contribute stories of good runs and bad or even just how long your long run was. 

Let us begin:  Katie and I ran/walked 8 miles today with only one bathroom break.  The rest of the family will be stunned to know that she did most of the talking.  For me it brought back fond memories of our running together in 2003 --  alas,  a failed marathon training attempt.  It was probably the destination -- Amarillo -- what was I thinking?  And, made me look forward to Xmas when Katie returns and we may get in a family run.  I still am not adjusted to her being in California. I know it makes sense, and it's where she and Jacob and Jake need to be, but it still leaves me unsettled and longing for something different.

That's my running story today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment