Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dinner & a Run

I have decided to give Katie a Christmas present. Despite my soon-to-be-obvious lack of writing skills and my general dislike of forming coherent sentences, here I am. Making my first ever blog post.

Tonight I ran for 30 minutes. And was happy when the timer beeped. See…For some I reason had this brilliant idea of going for a run AFTER dinner. Because then I wouldn’t have to rush to get there on time, or worry about my wet hair when its 40 degrees outside. I could leisurely eat my Haggar-cafeteria dinner without any of these cares. No problem, right?

Right! I did keep my dinner and I did run well. Which is surprising because I know that you should never eat before activities. Mom and Dad can probably tell everyone exactly why that is, but, nonetheless, everyone knows this. And even though, this very basic, very fundamental rule of exercise slipped my mind tonight, I was not punished for it, thankfully. (although I do not plan on pushing my luck)

As for my life right now, it is largely full of lectures, homework, reading Beowulf, getting whooped up in WordsWithFriends, eating and writing (blogposts, essays, lab reports, etc.). Wishing ever so much that the time I see my brothers wear the wonderful sweaters, eat Nan’s pie, go run with the family, have Cub cry when I hold him, wait on Mom to open up her presents, go shopping with Katie, give Jacob a hard time and hear Dad’s stories (and constant reminder about getting Mom a present) comes quickly. Christmas come fast!

1 comment:

  1. Dude...good for you. I'm so finicky about timing on my runs. It's actually amazing that I EVER run when I consider all my conditions: before I shower, not soon after I eat, preferably right after breastfeeding baby and (ahem) going to the bathroom, and not during baby's naptime because naptime needs to be used for more productive things. Recently all of these stars have been aligning approximately twice a week. Impressive, I know.

    ReplyDelete